Date & Time: Tuesday 22nd September 2015, Registration opens at 1:00pm and the session will start at 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Venue: CMR Personnel, 251 Richmond Road, RICHMOND SA
The 3 hour workshop, run in partnership with Sane Australia, will provide participants with appropriate information on mental illness and training to recognise the early warning signs and the appropriate skills for early intervention.
The workshop will cover:
- Prevalence of mental illness
- What is mental illness? -understanding the different types, symptoms and treatments
- Understanding and recognising symptoms
- How to help within the boundaries of your role at work
- Common workplace situations and helpful responses -what to do as opposed to what not to do
- Information and skills on managing an employee who is living with a mental illness
- How to stay well at work
Who Should Attend
- Managers and Supervisors
- Organisational Team Leaders
- Understand stigma towards mental illness and impacts of stigma in the workplace.
- Increased awareness and understanding of mental illness, including signs and symptoms.
- Skills and confidence to take appropriate early intervention actions if they are concerned about a person in the workplace eg. how to ask ‘Are you okay?'
- Improved awareness of supports available to workplaces, managers and employees in the workplace.
- Know the key principles for managing an employee who is living with a mental illness.
A person affected by mental illness provides a personal account of how mental illness has impacted their working life, looking at both positive and harmful workplace responses. This helps to break down stigma and provides real life examples.
- Individual and group activities including role-playing
- Focus on practical strategies
- Interactive group discussion
- SANE Speaker presentation
- Question and answer time with the SANE speaker
Cost: SIA and Self Insurance Association Members $75, Non SIA/Self Insurance Association Members $135 (all prices are including GST)
Cancellation: Should your circumstances change and you are unable to attend the event, requests for cancellation of registration and refund of fees must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for cancellations received after Friday 18 September will not be accepted.
Registration has now CLOSED